Friday 2 March 2012

HALO




If my face must be muddied by you,
Be ready to muddy your hands too

It is at the handshake of sea sand
And the sea, that moisture shores
Are born;
You, child of a dog, whose father your mother
Can’t identify among the never unending
Cue of bedsharers,
You, whose front teeth and pick-axe
Cannot be differentiated by microscope
You, whose urethra opened in your pants
At our meeting at the market square
And you never knew it until the feasting flies
Announce it to the gathering,
Today you sit there and count the kiosks
In which I laid my head near the Alajo gutter
Because I lack shelter in a foreign family,

Don’t let me expose your vulture face
To gatherers of shame to buy for free
And display at the Trade Fair
For children to come and spit upon,
Step on those needles you call legs
And carry your elephant-tusk-nose
Away before I opened my eyes.

Pass my eye-steps again and vomit
And I shall bath you at noon
With the white truth of our ancestor
Captured a slave, died and buried in shit.

31/12/11 Mafi-Kumase.

No comments:

Post a Comment