Tuesday 27 September 2011

BUT WHO DEFINES "FASHION?"

Every normal from the norm in dressing is called fashion.  A friend saw a picture of mine on facebook.com and told me that it was not part of the  rules of fashion to dress the way I did.

It was one of those joyous moods after writing and chanting a great poem, that I decided to wear a long sleeved white shirt, a black-dotted green tie and put on a neat red African print given to me by Charity Dzatugbui Agbozo (Mrs), my dealy beloved mother. I took a picture of myself in that mixture of African and Western fabric to share the unity and beauty of such a combination with the world, and it is seen as odd.

Who defines fashion? Again I ask, who defines fashion? Isn't anything new in the the world of dressing fashionable? Someone answer me. If not so, then what are our African ladies doing with "gladiator" and its extended family members? These are just THOUGHTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment