Wednesday 14 September 2011

DRAMASOLJA MATCHES ON




My voice                - burnt beyond ashes -
Still must whisper a dirge to                                     Efo Kodjo Mawugbe:
He who stepped into ancestral pathways                  at dawn
He who founded a stunted me in a cacophony         of voices

Before you stepped into twilight just yesterday
You had wisdom baths at
Weweso then Ho then Legon then Calgary
Each time leaving fireflies of footsteps
Upon the clouds and shores of our Earth

The last time we met
You were full of hope for the land
And the foetus talents - myself being one
And you told me to keep the flame aglow
And when you return from Korle Bu
We shall draw plans for a talent harvest
At National Theatre: home of your passion

Never do I know
That was you final whisper into our dreams

My heart is on fire beyond ashes
My dreams dancing on one leg      unstable
For the threads of the heaven-winds

Aflao runs amok in naked tears
Kumasi is weightless under Rivers of Sorrow

a new breed of dramatists and actors and students
waiting in search of bijou artistry
for dawns  unborn into time’s;
breaking down into pools of eye-waters

AncestralDrumbeats   AncestralSongs   AncestralGongs
shall 
Rise but now it is a dirge they siren into our eardrums
and your laurels they hail;
Damirifa Due Due Due



No comments:

Post a Comment